Ahhhh.....the holidays are here. It's a great time of year to blow off your diet, enjoy way to much chocolate and egg nog, and of course partake in holiday baking! This year I used the Bake Sweet Memories site to get inspiration and yummy recipes. My favorite was the Easy Grasshopper Bars. They were oh so delicious and the perfect blend of chocolate and minty goodness!
Easy Grasshopper Bars
(Prep Time 10 Minutes / Total Time 1 Hour / 36 Bars
|1||pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® double chocolate chunk cookie mix|
|1/3||cup vegetable oil|
|3||cups powdered sugar|
|1||package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened|
|1/4||cup butter, softened|
|1/4||teaspoon mint extract|
|3||to 4 drops green food color|
|1||oz unsweetened baking chocolate|
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir all Bar ingredients until soft dough forms. Press into pan; bake 15 minutes. Cool about 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, stir all Frosting ingredients until smooth. Spread over bars.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave all Glaze ingredients on High 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Drizzle over frosting. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
One lucky winner will receive:
- $25 Safeway Gift Card (also valid at Dominick´s, Tom Thumb, Randalls, Vons, and Genuardi´s)
- Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- GladWare Sample Pack
What is your favorite recipe from Bake Sweet Memories?
Extra Entries (Please leave a separate comment for each
Follow Me via Google Friend Connect (right side bar)
Follow Me via Twitter
Tweet about this giveaway (don't forget to leave your Twitter link)
US Residents only. Giveaway ends on December 29, 2010 at Midnight PST. Winner will be chosen on December 30, 2010 and emailed. Winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. Please make sure that I have a way to contact you!
Safeway, Betty Crocker, and Glad provided me with a gift card, information, and prize pack through MyBlogSpark.